The Offshore Company Scholarship Opportunity
Offshore Universe’s scholarship opportunity is aimed at college students with an interest in current affairs, a passion for writing and an appreciation for offshore companies, offshore trusts and offshore foundations. We are always on the look out for talented individuals and welcome all contributions made.
Applications are Now Open…
Offshore Universe values education and providing students from disadvantaged backgrounds with the opportunity to help support their futures. As a part of our strong belief in social mobility, Offshore Universe holds a bi-annual international essay competition to give students the opportunity to win $5,000. The scholarship can help contribute toward the increasing costs of university study.
In order to apply, applicants must submit an essay on one of the following topics:
1. In light of the recent Panama papers disclosures, to what extent is there still a place for offshore companies? If so, what function(s) will they serve and which offshore jurisdictions are likely to prevail?
2. What benefits do offshore company structures provide to individuals and/or companies and are these benefits likely to change/evolve with changes to local and international regulations.
3. Are the negative portrayals of offshore structures justified and to what extent do offshore companies help bolster economic growth?
Out of the pool of applicants, we will choose five finalists. We will then post the five finalists’ essays on our blog and our social media pages and announce the winner on our Facebook and Twitter page.
We are looking for original, well researched and carefully thought through essays .
Successful candidates will demonstrate good understanding and awareness of the the recent Mossack Fonseca leaks, and should write well reasoned arguments.
Finalists will be responsible for promoting their entries within their social media networks – get your friends, family, and followers to like or share your essay for the best chance to win.
The winner will be determined by the amount of social media “buzz” the winning essays generates. The finalist with the most Facebook “Likes” on their essay page wins. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must simply be either currently enrolled in or actively applying to a college or graduate/professional program.
The application guidelines are as follows:
◦ Essays must be received by August 15, 2016
◦ Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
◦ Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
◦ The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend college in the body of their submission email.
◦ Applicants should include a link to their Facebook/ Twitter profile so that we may confirm their identity and college enrolment.
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winners meet their educational costs.
For further questions regarding the requirements and guidelines for this essay competition, please email email@example.com